Saturday, April 7, 2012

What's your "Style"?

Contributed by:  Kim of Kim's Crafty Apple

As a member of the Etsy Treasury Team I've benefited from the advice, knowledge and opinions of a truly talented group. Luckily for you all - this blog is a place that you can benefit from the knowledge of our team as well.

Almost a year ago now, etsy added more listing options.  One of these options is choosing two styles that your creation fits in.  Well – a few of these styles I know, but I really feel that I need to do some research on them to feel more comfortable with my labeling.  Lucky you – you get to come along for the ride.

I’m going to go right down the list – define each style and then show examples of them.  Hopefully, once I’m done I’ll feel more comfortable choosing my styles and you will too!

Style:  ABSTRACT
Abstract art, nonfigurative art, nonobjective art, and nonrepresentational art are loosely related terms. They are similar, although perhaps not of identical meaning.
~Wikipedia

And here are just a few examples of some abstract work I found on etsy:tjenkinsarts
Large Original Painting Abstract Texture from tjenkinsarts
claylickcreekpottery
Pottery Bowl Earthenware Clay Escher Fish in Purple, Blue and Green / Hand Thrown by Clay Lick Creek Pottery
artmod
Original abstract contemporary fine art palette knife floral painting by Nicolette Vaughan Horner

To be continued...

6 comments:

  1. Kim,

    This is a wonderful idea. I am always stuck on what I should pick in this section! I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too look forward to your posts on this topic. I have wondered for awhile what certain styles are. I usually just stick to what I know. Now, I will be able to branch out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific idea, Kim -- choosing which style usually gives me fits! Thanks so much -- can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,

    This is so helpful. Some of the styles they list I have no idea what they mean. A picture really is worth a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great abstract choices! It's sometimes hard to figure out what styles to choose. Guess I'm not alone. Thanks for sharing this series. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comment!!